Friday, 26 June 2026

26th June

 

26th June

What is special about June 26th?

In a non-leap year, it is the 177th day of the year. There are 188 days remaining until the end of 2026.

The next leap year is 2028, and in that year, 26th June will be the 178th day of the year.

 It is a ‘national’ day for other causes, among them National Cream Tea Day and National Take Your Dog to Work Day.

It is also a national day for Beauticians, Canoes, Refrigeration, Chocolate Pudding, and Barcodes among many others. A thing which may seem mundane or even boring to one person is a source of interest and satisfaction to another.

61 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If everyone observed every national day, nothing would ever be accomplished. I think they're largely daft,

      Delete
  2. It is also the date we originally wanted for our wedding but didn't get, as we were about two years too late to reserve that date at the registrar's!
    It would have fitted so nicely, with our engagement on 25-12-25 and then the wedding on 26-6-26. But expecting 40C today, I'm really glad we were married in early May instead, with perfect weather on the day. Sunny and dry but not too hot for our wedding outfits and our mothers at 82 and 85 years old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have had a lovely symmetry, but it would not have been enjoyable in the frazzling heat.

      Delete
  3. I would have loved to have heard of National Take Your Dog to Work Day in the years before retirement. My black Labrador, Emperor Rudolf, was the most beautiful, intelligent and sensitive dog in the southern hemisphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have taken my dogs to work on several occasions. The children loved it!

      Delete
  4. I did take the cat to my son's primary school class fot a show and tell... not quite take your dog to work......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took my cat and kittens to school, which was interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer months are popular for weddings. Weddings in my family range from April to August.

      Delete
  7. My grandmother's birthday. She would have been 129 years old today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any day dedicated to cream teas and chocolate pudding is a very auspicious day. I'll celebrate with chocolate icecream...... which probably has its own day. Another big celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting this. I enjoy learning these daily facts. It is fascinating how one date can have so many different meanings and celebrations around the world.

    Greetings from Indonesia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day is a special day for someone. 😃

      Delete
  10. And here I thought that June 26th was just another ordinary day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that every day has something special or different to celebrate. It's all a bit contrived, really.

      Delete
  11. Can't believe June is almost over. Weather here was so cold and wet for so long, still today, that Spring just didn't happen with me outside in it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You almost seem to be limited to two seasons

      Delete
  13. You seem to be limited only to two seasons. Your winter lasted so long. I hope you get some warmth soon, but not too much! 😉☀️

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's a "day" for everyone and everything!
    Happy June 26th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is a day for everything these days, what's the most obscure you can find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble is that important causes, like cancer research, are overlooked in the general stupidity.

      Delete
  16. Every day is special for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Only 188 days left? I'd better start my Christmas shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just waiting for the first Christmas catalogue to arrive! 🧑‍🎄

      Delete
  18. Some people are able to grab a day and make it special for their cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. . . . even if the cause is totally daft!

      Delete
  19. National Barcode Day? Well, THAT's one I've never heard of before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know some people collect barcodes - I suppose it's an update on train spotting.

      Delete
  20. I totally agree with your last sentence and very enjoyable reading this interesting post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a dull world if we all had exactly the same interests. 😧

      Delete
  21. My son and his wife married on Feb 29, 2020. Every leap year, on their anniversary they take a nice trip.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It has to be extra special for that date!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Speaking of wedding dates, ours in June 27, so this is our anniversary eve. June 26 was a very busy and fraught day for me 51 years ago. It will be a quiet day of celebration with family this year. So many memories...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy anniversary for 27th, Dorothy. The years just seem to have flashed past when you look back.

    ReplyDelete
  25. National chocolate pudding day. I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to feel you're justified in having something . . .

      Delete
  26. We married on the 6th August 1968 so 6.8.68! No excuse not to remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a fun mix of facts today. You have a gift for turning simple observations into something delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  28. In our country, it is a special day because of how we write dates. Today is 6/26/26. Now read it backwards. It's a palindrome date, at least in the United States. Oh, if I only knew it was chocolate pudding day before now!

    ReplyDelete
  29. "A thing which may seem mundane or even boring to one person is a source of interest and satisfaction to another..." You mean like a blogpost about June 26th?

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm all for National Cream Tea Day ... a charitable day where in excess of two million pounds has been raised for UK charities :)
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2026/06/enjoy-cream-tea-for-national-cream-tea.html

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well there you go - barcodes get a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day has its moment in the sun . . .

      Delete
  32. I like hearing about what 'day' it is

    ReplyDelete
  33. one recently was national porridge day - who thinks these up?

    ReplyDelete
  34. I found out too late that it was National Cream Tea Day on Friday but then who needs only one day to enjoy that treat. Those national days are quite fun to read but I agree that we wouldn't get anything else done if we followed all those 'special' days.

    ReplyDelete
  35. It's a charity driver, which is good.

    ReplyDelete



Thank you for visiting. I love to read your comments and really appreciate you taking the time to respond to posts.

I will always try to repay your visit whenever possible.