Monday, 22 June 2026

Sunday morning walk

 

Sunday morning walk

Out by 6:00 a.m. and back home before the heat started to rise.






Tomorrow will need an earlier start, and Tuesday and Wednesday earlier still.

56 comments:

  1. Looks like there might be some shade at least along that pretty path. I woke up to frosty air this morning, the first of many to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes as a shock to realise that you are approaching winter while we swelter, momentarily.

      Delete
  2. We do a lot of early morning walks when the weather turns hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only safe time for the dogs to be out.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful place to walk. I always do early mornings in the summer. Don't want to walk in the heat and mosquitoes lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fine looking forest. You're picking up the Australian way of dealing with heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The forest is shady and the air fresh, so it's always been a good place to walk in the early hours of a hot day.

      Delete
  5. Ahhhh...nothing like a walk in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to be out early in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Without Nicki king about types of trees and plants, there almost looks like it could be here. We’re all in the mid-latitudes after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've often thought that when I've seen some of your photographs.

      Delete
  8. Lovely path and those doggie noses got a lot of sniffing done. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a beautiful and cool-looking walk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks a glorious walk with your dogs, I envy you but not having a dog to walk makes walking rather miserable for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get a different perspective on life when you walk with a dog Perhaps you could borrow one? I believe there are organisations that 'loan' out dogs.
      https://www.borrowmydoggy.com/

      Delete
  11. Looks wonderfully cool. and the dogs would have loved it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did, and this morning (Monday) they've both had a refreshing swim.

      Delete
  12. What a beautiful place for a walk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you. We think so, too. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful and Serene place to take a walk especially in the cool of the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful place to walk, lots of lovely scents for the doggies there I bet. Archie always enjoyed his walks in the woods, and early morning walks on hot days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caching up on the messages left by other animals is always interesting, though I'm glad I'm not a dog!

      Delete
  16. Such a lovely place for a walk. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a lovely walk and the puppers found something interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always something for the four-legs!

      Delete
  18. Your woods are a gorgeous place to walk; so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What great photos, makes me smile
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
  20. That seams to be a nice walk, especially when it is hot ! Since last week we have temperatures over 30 °which is to much ! And from tomorrow on even worse ! I caught I virus, the doctor came, so I rest in my room and suffer in silence !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heat is brutal, though you in Europe seem to have it far more extreme.

      Delete
  21. Thinking of you and your animals in this extreme heat. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely lovely. Roxie and Gilbert look very focused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are. They really appreciate their walks.

      Delete
  23. A beautiful walk! Yeah, getting out early is essential in this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thursday may be a compulsory rest day . . .

      Delete
  24. It is so pretty there. A perfect place for walking.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a pretty walk! It looks so inviting. I know about early starts in heat. I used to live in the American South and we would need to be home by 9 AM during the summer..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sensible to take advantage of the cooler hours of the hot days. I think I might find the American South too much!

      Delete
  26. This area looks so very peaceful....great way to start the day...

    ReplyDelete
  27. A delightful walk made better by walking with your sweet curious dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking is greatly enhanced by canine companionship. 😊

      Delete
  28. Lovely photographs.
    A wonderful start to the day ... and with this hot weather a very wise choice.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am an early morning walker, but dragging my wife out is not so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, dear! What a shame. 😃

    ReplyDelete



Thank you for visiting. I love to read your comments and really appreciate you taking the time to respond to posts.

I will always try to repay your visit whenever possible.