Friday, 3 July 2026

Ramping up

 

Ramping up

 Solar Orbiter's widest high-res view of the Sun, March 2025
Image courtesy Wikimedia Commons

The heat is ramping up again in the UK, though it’s not going to be as extreme as it was in June. At least, that’s the forecast. It could all change . . .

It will be hotter in Europe.

Drink plenty of water and keep as cool as possible.

55 comments:

  1. It has been horribly hot here this week. So frustrating as we xan get very little done outside, and there is so much that needs to be done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not always possible to do all the work in the cooler parts of the day, either.

      Delete
  2. I have seen the European heat in the news and worried about people who were hospitalised or even killed by the heat. Now I wonder if it happened mainly in cities where people are not used to 30s or more, and don't have houses, clothes and cars fitted out for that sort of heat.
    Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cities retain the heat because of all the buildings and their proximity to each other.

      Delete
  3. We're enjoying a week of respite, with today being the best day: 15C during the night and a max of 25C expected during the day. It is going to warm up over the weekend but still only scratching the 30C-mark, not the 40 as it was last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a relief, but nights cooler than 14C would be even more welcome.

      Delete
    2. We in South Australia currently have 15C days with 10C nights. We are shivering and layering up clothing to stay warm.

      Delete
  4. It's the humidity that troubles me the most rather than just heat. Fingers crossed that it won't be like last week was. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. More trees are wanted in cities and town, I think Britain is fairly low in tree cover. The Chinese planted forty-four billion to keep the deserts at bay. There is a lot of advice around on how to keep the houses cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. More trees would be so advantageous.

      Delete
  6. My poor garden is on the ropes, no rain here for over 3 weeks, I better choose another book to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sad to see everything gasping for relief.

      Delete
  7. We have been very hot here the past week. Heat and humidity are not my friends. I prefer somewhere around 72F

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes can you believe my cold wet weather finally ended here about Sunday. We went from 23 C to 35c and it's not changing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do seem to have extremes. Now there will not be enough rain for you, probably. It's very trying.

      Delete
  9. We should cool closer to the mid-20s tomorrow. This >30 weather is not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did an early morning walk to the High Street at about 09.30 this morning and it was just pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mornings are the best time to get things done.

      Delete
  11. I dread hearing the word heatwave in the forecast now. Today it’s so beautifully sunny but not too hot - perfect.
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we probably are becoming more accustomed to them, though. We need to be!

      Delete
  12. It has been very hot here in southern Ontario. Yesterday it climbed to 33 degrees, but when the humidity is factored in it felt like 40. I am already looking forward to the first frost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mind work in strange ways, sometimes!

      Delete
  13. We are in a so-called heat dome this week. I don't mind the heat; where I grew up it was often 115-degrees in summer. But it's the humidity that hits you as soon as you get outside!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 'Dry' heat is more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. *Sigh*. However, with as fast as time flies we will soon be complaining about the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  16. More of the same weather on this side of the Pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. . . . but hotter, I think, with you . . .

      Delete
  17. This sounds like it will be more tolerable, and more in line with what we'd expect from summer weather. Hot, but not insane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. Come August we'll be complaining that it's too cold, too wet, or something . . .

      Delete
  18. Fascinating photo-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a great photo. It's hot here too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We're still under an extreme heat advisory here in Ohio. Some 4th of July activities are getting canceled or times changed due to the heat in an effort to protect people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a shame when plans are disrupted by the weather.

      Delete
  21. Hope it won't get "too" bad for you... Here, we're having a week of cooler temperatures just now - but with some unpredictable rain and thunder.

    ReplyDelete
  22. USA is now under the same type heat dome you were in June, it is hot hot hot, more than normal Florida HOT.. and with our big tree gone, I named the back yard Sahara. Stay cool, I am having trouble getting Bob to drink, he gets mad because I keep saying drink, you did not drink your water, or soda or whatever I have given him. He forgets and gets mad when I say drink.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Apparently it is getting hotter and hotter each year in UK. Find shades and keep hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are not as hot as some countries . . . yet!

      Delete
  24. Drink plenty of water and keep as cool as possible.
    That is good advice :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  25. That image of the sun is fabulous, you could almost get warm just by looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's a fantastic photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hope you're able to stay cool indoors and have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, It's quite pleasant this weekend. Next weekend may not be quite so comfortable.

      Delete
  28. Amazing photo... One can almost make out a demon's features... if one were so inclined. Our heat wave was short-lived and we are now back to beautifully comfortable "normal" summertime temps. Today's high 80, tonight's low 60. Others, though, I know are suffering horribly. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I thought the 'face' on the sun was amazing.
    I'm glad you're having more comfortable temperatures. Some really are experiencing extraordinary extremes.

    ReplyDelete
  30. We had a horribly hot week and a hot weekend!

    ReplyDelete



Thank you for visiting. I love to read your comments and really appreciate you taking the time to respond to posts.

I will always try to repay your visit whenever possible.