The color strip is pretty and we certainly hope that the pool will water is the correct everything. I realize you're checking for things like chlorine and other chemicals.
I don’t have a pool, thank goodness, so I don’t need to worry about such things. The people behind us have one and seem to spend more time cleaning in than using it!
We’re thinking of getting one of those smallish above ground pools for next year, cool us off in heatwaves and something for the dogs to have a splash in 😀 Alison in Devon x
Bob above is right, when I see my friend cleaning the pool although she has a robot + all the other things, I prefer to go to friends (lol) I have a question, you always answer the comments, but I never get your answers is there a special thing to do, or simply coming back to see if you answered or not ?
I had never touched our pool, for 36 years, Bob did it all, he stopped walking and now all we have is a bright green duck pond full of algae... I am wondering what the color stick would look like it dipped in the pond. as soon as hurricane season ends, the plan is to get it back to swimming pool.
There speaks the voice of experience. It has been shocked! The major problem was that it was too high in alkalinity, but it's clearing now. Barry loved chemistry at school and now he can play to his heart's content!
We had an indoor pool for many years; if I am reading that stick correctly, not bad water quality. I had no idea that such sticks exist. I tested chlorine only, with a viewer. Am still alive, mostly, so I guess it was okay.
My in laws have a pool. For me, plus not having the room, it would be too much work. Just don't use the people who worked on our Reflecting Pool for your needs.
Looks like a multi person urine dipstick check. Didn't know pools had so many things to check. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteIt's all chemistry!
DeleteOh yikes, can anyone every trust pool water? Ha.
ReplyDeleteWhen everything's the right colour, yes. 😄
DeleteWow! I'm not sure I would know how to interpret that. Good thing I don't have a pool, I guess - just a fish pond.
ReplyDeleteIt's quite straightforward really, once you know how! (or so I'm told!)
DeleteWhat jappened to shades of blue? Do different colours test for differwnt things? To treat or not to treat...
ReplyDeleteAlkalinity, pH, and chlorine - all different colours - are the three most important to note. (I leave it to others to do the testing . . . )
DeleteComplex business, owning a pool... I had no idea!
ReplyDeleteIt looks more complicated than it is, really, or so I'm led to believe.
DeleteThe kit should have instructions on how to read that.
ReplyDeleteThe instructions are clear - getting the water to produce the right colours is the trick.
DeleteSo? Is it a good finding or not?
ReplyDeleteIt's improving and will soon be perfect! 😉😎
DeleteThe color strip is pretty and we certainly hope that the pool will water is the correct everything. I realize you're checking for things like chlorine and other chemicals.
ReplyDeleteI thought the colours were so pretty, but yes, you're right - pH, alkalinity, chlorine . . .
ReplyDeleteI don’t have a pool, thank goodness, so I don’t need to worry about such things. The people behind us have one and seem to spend more time cleaning in than using it!
ReplyDeleteOurs is indoors, so not such a problem. It still has to be maintained, though.
ReplyDeleteWe’re thinking of getting one of those smallish above ground pools for next year, cool us off in heatwaves and something for the dogs to have a splash in 😀
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon x
We had a paddling pool for our grandson and Roxy. They enjoyed it!
DeleteIt's been a long time since I've had to test water in the pool. I don't miss those days.
ReplyDeleteIt can be a chore, but it's not my chore. 😎😁
DeleteI love a pool but they are a lot of work!!
ReplyDeleteThis is an indoor pool, so perhaps a little easier to maintain.
DeleteBob above is right, when I see my friend cleaning the pool although she has a robot + all the other things, I prefer to go to friends (lol) I have a question, you always answer the comments, but I never get your answers is there a special thing to do, or simply coming back to see if you answered or not ?
ReplyDeleteI answer comments here, Ingrid. I know some people email them, but I don't do that.
DeleteIngrid... After typing your comment and hitting "publish" check the "notify me" box and all new and followup comments will come to your email.
DeleteThank you, Robin. I didn't know that!
DeleteI had never touched our pool, for 36 years, Bob did it all, he stopped walking and now all we have is a bright green duck pond full of algae... I am wondering what the color stick would look like it dipped in the pond. as soon as hurricane season ends, the plan is to get it back to swimming pool.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with that, Sandra. 😎
DeleteLooks like the pool boy needs to throw some shock into the pool
ReplyDeleteThere speaks the voice of experience. It has been shocked! The major problem was that it was too high in alkalinity, but it's clearing now. Barry loved chemistry at school and now he can play to his heart's content!
DeleteImportant to test
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely!
DeleteYou have a pool, how wonderful. It must be very refreshing during heatwaves.
ReplyDeleteIt has proved very useful over the years.
DeleteTaking the plunge....
ReplyDelete🏊
DeleteWe had an indoor pool for many years; if I am reading that stick correctly, not bad water quality. I had no idea that such sticks exist. I tested chlorine only, with a viewer. Am still alive, mostly, so I guess it was okay.
ReplyDeleteNot bad, and improving . . .
DeleteShock is my friend.
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't sound as thought it should be, but it is. 😁
DeleteI have always heard that having a pool is a lot of work.
ReplyDeleteIt's not like running a bath, anyway!
DeleteMy in laws have a pool. For me, plus not having the room, it would be too much work. Just don't use the people who worked on our Reflecting Pool for your needs.
ReplyDeleteLOL!
DeleteGosh I didn't know this had to be done.
ReplyDeleteCan't have it getting manky!
DeleteI have no clue about these things but they make for a good photo op :)
ReplyDeleteDesperation . . .
DeleteVery important to check that all is well . . .
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
It is, most important.
DeleteFor a minute, I thought that was urinalysis stick result
ReplyDeleteThat would be an interesting result!
DeleteHopefully the colors are the right colors.
ReplyDeleteThey're getting there . . .
DeleteReminds me of one of my jobs in the Army. I tested the base water. One of my tools was a color comparator.
ReplyDelete