Thursday, 13 August 2026


Oily

It’s another bright sunny August day, spoilt only by an unpleasant oily smell in the air. No doubt it will dissipate. There have not been aircraft in a holding pattern. In fact, there have been very few aircraft flying over today.

One of life’s little mysteries – well, there’s nothing else going on today.  

33 comments:

  1. I can only imagine the unpleasant aroma of oily air. Hope things are back to normal soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. An oily smell in the air? Is Michael Portillo filming nearby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Careful, your prejudices are showing again.

      Delete
  3. And odd that interesting event that you would smell this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Odd little occurrences keep our minds busy wondering . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look out when the planes have to dump fuel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sometimes happens, but it's not that this time.

      Delete
  6. Quiet day here before the madness of our weekend. Enjoy the peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gird your loins! Ours will be busy , too.

      Delete
  7. Sounds unpleasant, so I hope it drifts away soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not life-threatening, just annoying.

      Delete
  8. At the gas pumps yesterday I stepped in some overspill from a previous customer, so my shoes picked up a petrol smell. I was instructed to walk in a puddle, of which there were plenty. I think it worked but i still left the shoes in the garage overnight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not nice - the smell lingers long and hard.

      Delete
  9. Sometimes, smells just remain a mystery. Hoping it dissipates soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not a good accompaniment to anyone's BBQ I imagine, should any neighbours be contemplating dining al fresco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot bear the smell of other people's barbecues - they seem to be mostly smoke and burning!

      Delete
  11. Sniff, sniff. I've been smelling gas for a while now but the outdoor gas bottle is tightly closed, hose sturdy . My imagination?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once it gets into your nose (or your imagination) it's hard to ignore.

      Delete
  12. That sounds awful. Earlier this summer we had bad air quality and very smelly air due to smoke from Canadian wildfires drifting south. A few days I totally stayed inside, masked when I took the dogs out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That smut have been most unpleasant and you can only wait for it to go away, however long that takes.

      Delete
  13. I hope that odor goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do hope the oily smell cleared away ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ick. The smoke from the Canadian fires is back today...but at least we know what the smell is unlike you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been plague with smoke for weeks, it seems.

      Delete
  16. Our issue here has been smoke from wildfires. There have been days when the air quality has verged on dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of us have been spared that, fortunately.

      Delete
  17. Does anyone near you have oil-based heating?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oil heating is not common in my neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete



Thank you for visiting. I love to read your comments and really appreciate you taking the time to respond to posts.

I will always try to repay your visit whenever possible.