Simple tastes
Occasionally, when the worms bite, simple food is the most desirable.
My father would sometimes sit down with a piece of bread, salt, and pepper, and thoroughly his simple snack.
I never add salt to my meals, and rarely to my cooking, but yesterday I had a hankering for salt, so I cut a tomato in half and added a pinch of salt. It was delicious.
Recently, I bought some bananas. I like them firm and underripe, but the ones I hadn’t eaten had started to ripen. I didn’t want to waste them, so made a banana sandwich, something I hadn’t eaten for years. I could have mashed them with milk, for that was another childhood treat.
Another simple taste is a bread and butter sandwich. There’s little more satisfying when a snack is called for.
I'm not entering my second childhood. I haven't emerged from my first, yet.
At other times, fruit makes a quick bite.
What are
your favourite snacks?
Anything that doesn't need a plate or a knife eg a slice of bread and a slice of cheddar cheese.
ReplyDelete