Saturday, 5 September 2026

Blogger

 

Blogger

Along with many others I am having problems posting comments on blogs, including my own.

I assume it will pass. Strange things are happening in the world generally. Is this the End of Days?

Social and moral decay? √

Wars and natural disasters? √

Persecution and deception? √

I do feel Nature is angry with humankind, and no wonder.

I hope Blogger soon starts to behave nicely again!

 

 

63 comments:

  1. I think that commenting has now been fixed ... praise be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried several things yesterday that were suggested by Google and Blogger and the only thing that worked was turning it off and going to bed!
    Now it's back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are back to normal, or at least Blogger is that that is the important thing. 🤓

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same Blogger issues. It seems to have resolved itself, at least for today

    ReplyDelete
  5. H Janice - 'tis back to normal now ... I just wait and it returns ... and heard from a couple of other blogging friends that it was happening and one (Yam) had given us a connection to the help line - that I didn't do: they sort things out ... good to be back here and on blogger! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my dear, I'm glad that we're connected again, Google had some issues with commenting all over the world but they fixed it quickly, I'm grateful to them.
    Considering everything that's happening, I don't think either Blogger or Google will go under...keeping my fingers crossed, as I'm an optimist with a capital O :)))
    Hug and kiss, Andreja!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I too had commenting problems yesterday, but it seems to be back to normal now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For sure we are living in challenging times.
    Glad blogger is playing nice again.
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is behaving nicely again, no doubt due to your chastisement! Your ignoble awards yesterday gave me a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are strange times indeed … and on top of it all we are in for a super El Niño now! Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was thrilled to find out I could comment this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was a little surprised they fixed it so quickly but it was their mistake in the first place so I guess they had red faces. I have written briefly about it on my blog. Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been having the same thing, so hopefully this comment get through. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WE are back!- it felt lonely out there with no comments didn't it? When blogger dies permanently I don''t think we shall survive!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use Blogger myself and I agree it can be twitchy at times, but I've always (so far) been able to work around its twitches.

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I couldn't comment on any Blogger blog yesterday, I googled it and got a Google Help page with someone questioning why the issue and if there was a fix. I noticed the moderator had closed the question without answering and wasn't permitting any comments on the question. I found that rather curious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blogger has been glitching for me for days. Seems like they might have fixed the commenting problem for now though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It seemed to come right for me late yesterday Janice - I had been having the same issues. Though it often takes 3 days for a post to Publish nowadays. It makes blogging hard work when it should be fun & enjoyable. I hope I can get this comment to Publish okay.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We all have our friends back now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope this is NOT the End of Days, but who can tell? Thankfully Blogger is back to normal with commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was having trouble commenting too. I'm glad we are back in business! It does feel the world is topsy-turvy, but then I realize that it has been a rough place to live since we got thrown out of Eden.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was able to reply to comments on my blog, and as you can see, we're able to send comments to you now, my dear.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well, I guess that explains that when I came to your posts yesterday one had only a few comments (most usually there are many by the time your post makes it to my side of the world) and the other had none. I didn't realize there was an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Social and moral decay..... wars and natural disasters..... persecution and deception..... there has probably never been a time when those things were not widespread.

    It's true that people in the Middle Ages never needed to worry about being unable to comment on a blog, though.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Blogger issues seem to have been fixed ... so nice to be able to comment and connect with our friends in blogland again.

    Enjoy your Sunday

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  26. I only had trouble on Friday and by Saturday it seemed to have been fixed and I was able to leave comments again.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The news gets more and more depressing. An idiot in charge of the USA; a small-man syndrome sufferer in charge of Russia; the weather in biblical proportions (flood, fires, earthquakes, glaciers melting and el Nino); drug barons fighting it out in Middlesborough; news that the UK is underfunded in defence, the NHS and God knows what. Time to build my bunker methinks..... now where did I put my tin hat?

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's back to normal for me, but I agree -- it was very strange.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The unraveling of the US (and the widespread corruption of that government) makes everything seem extra shaky right now.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I can comment now. Seems to have been fixed. Strange times and scary eh?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Why does Blogger sound like Bugger? I am glad that the comments glitch appears to be solved... for now at least.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I’ve noticed similar issues with Blogger lately, so hopefully it’s just a temporary technical problem that gets sorted out soon. It can be frustrating when even simple things like posting comments suddenly stop working, especially on your own blog. Hopefully Blogger will be back to normal soon. As for everything else happening in the world, there certainly is a lot going on that makes you stop and think.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You most likely know by now that this no comment issue has been resolved. I couldn't find any info online as to why it was such a widespread issue affecting all bloggers, except those on other platforms like Wordpress.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Our television is also acting up. I will try to post on my blog later today and t reply to others

    ReplyDelete
  35. All these miseries happens ever since Google bought Blogger and became Bloogel Glogger ! For 3 weeks I tried to get into my Dashboard and always landed at Google ! Security, security, security, I only read that, I had to invent I don't know how many new passwords ! Don't try to create a new blog ! and avoid updates ! Everything started with that.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hope all is well - I've missed you!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Blogger seems to have more glitches than ever these days. Technology is great when it works, not quite so great when it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am thankful this has been resolved. All the other ‘stuff’ will take longer I’m afraid. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  39. And I see this is my second comment, now my third. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Sometimes it really frustrates me, other times I really enjoy it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  41. Well I missed that. But your words bought back 'The Hanging Tree' words - Strange things did happen here.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Haven't seen you here for a while. Hope all is well x

    ReplyDelete
  43. I missed this problem but it seems okay now.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Problems here as well... sure hoping this all gets fixed . Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Doesn't sound good. Hopefully it will resolve itself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  46. i did have a problem for one day with Blogger. I couldn't post to other people or reply to those who visited me. All good now. Hope it sorts itself out for you. So frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hope all is well with you. You are missed!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  48. ... and on the 6th September I said blogger issues seem to have been fixed!!! Errrrrrrrr I was wrong!
    Since then some have experienced issues with loading photographs and we all seem to have issues with reading lists/blog updates not happening!!! Oh well - things can only get better - fingers crossed!

    On a personal note I hope all is well with you, and the family, you have been missed.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hope all is well with you and yours, perhaps you’re having a well earned break x
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
  50. I have to agree with you. I'm not a fatalist but things sure look bad. I hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hope all is OK with you - you are missed here in blogland

    ReplyDelete
  52. It’s so frustrating when things suddenly stop working! Hopefully it’s just a temporary glitch and everything will be back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I also have problems. I've only had 5 or ten blogs come through to me.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thank goodness, I thought I'd done something wrong. I thought people hadn't posted for days and then discovered they had but my sidebar was not updating. If I don't comment for a while that's why. Hopefully Blogger will sort it out for us. I am afraid to fiddle too much in case I lose everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry this is Addy from Alcoholic Daze by the way

      Delete
  55. All the best to you, Janice. You are missed.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Popping in hoping all is well, missing your post.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hope all is well! I think Blogger has somewhat sorted out its kinks, at least for the time being.

    ReplyDelete



Thank you for visiting. I love to read your comments and really appreciate you taking the time to respond to posts.

I will always try to repay your visit whenever possible.