Beautiful flowers. The Canadian smoke has floated down here to Ohio and settled onto the ground. Smells terrible and it looks awful. Hopefully we will get some rain this weekend to wash it out of the air. I don't know if they'll get enough rain in Canada to help with the fires though.
Hi Janice - I saw clouds yesterday and noted them ... we have more today - there might be a little rain, but no more for a while yet. We'll be grumpy soon when the rain comes! Cheers Hilary
Our weather seems to be extremes at the moment. Either non-stop rain and cold or boiling heatwaves. Something in the middle would be just fine, if I could put in an order. I used to love the sunshine and heat, but not now as I age.
I like the cumulus cloud. We learnt all about clouds and their names at school. I was fascinated and Knew them all. Now all I can remember are the cumulus and cumulus nimbus
I bet. Visiting the UK & Ireland this June, we were surprised by the warm sunny weather. We need rain in Canada too (wildfires in the east & BC). Sigh.
Very pretty and I do hope you get your rain :) Reading Mary G’s comment I am sending lots of good thoughts and vibes for our northern neighbors to get those rains.
Beautiful photos! I don't have a hibiscus like that even though I have many varieties. Is that considered a hardy hibiscus or a tropical one? Obviously, I can only do the hardy variety. The lizard tail is sweet. Hope you get some rain. Here, it is wicked hot but even worse is the smoke from our northern neighbors. It has seeped into every surface possible even with windows and doors shut tight...believe it or not, even medical facilities. :-( Wishing rain for you.
I think it must be a hardy hibiscus. We don't have to protect it from frost. The smoke sounds dreadful and obviously far worse the closer one is to it. Wildfires are doing so much damage in so many areas.
I like the Cumulus clouds and like watching them shred apart and reform in different shapes when the high-up winds are blowing. My sister learned the names of all the clouds and other weather patterns too. Isobars and barometric pressure etc, she can read a weather chart like I can read a book.
I like fair weather cumulus cloud.
ReplyDeleteI like clouds generally.
DeleteIf that resembles a lizard's tail you must have rather different lizards in ours.
ReplyDeleteIt's strange how it came by that name.
DeleteI see no signs of darkening clouds - except the metaphorical ones that hang over Gaza, Ukraine, Iran and The White House.
ReplyDeleteIt's wishful thinking.
DeleteI hope you get your rain. The flowers are just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure we will, eventually . . .
Delete'saururus' made me immediately think of Sauron from Lord of the Rings but he was represented by a fierce eye not a lizard.
ReplyDeleteIt makes me think of dinosaurs, the sauropods.
DeleteJust blue skies here along the south coast....
ReplyDeleteIt will rain one day. I remember the long hot summer of 1976 when we didn't have rain for nearly seven weeks.
DeleteIt's almost 6 weeks here
DeleteWe could use some rain here as well
ReplyDeleteEverywhere is so dry, and the danger of wildfires is increasing.
DeleteBeautiful flowers. The Canadian smoke has floated down here to Ohio and settled onto the ground. Smells terrible and it looks awful. Hopefully we will get some rain this weekend to wash it out of the air. I don't know if they'll get enough rain in Canada to help with the fires though.
ReplyDeleteWildfires seem to be worse every year. I know the smoke makes for beautiful sunsets, but it's not good to live with.
DeleteSome places are getting too much rain, others none at all.
ReplyDeleteWe need lots of rain to suppress all the wildfires burning our country to a crisp.
ReplyDeleteWildfires are so treacherous and difficult to control. Add strong winds and it's disastrous.
DeleteFlowers are just purity
ReplyDeleteIndeed they are. Man could not design anything half as perfect.
DeleteBy the looks of the plants, you must water well when the rain fails.
ReplyDeleteSome fare better than others. One or two of the pots look very sad.
DeleteBeautiful photos- I love the hydrangeas in the header. We have had plenty of rain this summer
ReplyDeleteWe're normally complaining that our summer is too wet and cold - not this year - so far anyway.
DeleteYes, we badly need rain.
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon x
We shall probably complain when it does come and everywhere is flooded. ☂️🌦️😕
DeleteToo hot to do anything, I've struggled to clean our bathroom, it just had a swish!!
ReplyDeleteHousework has taken a back seat here, too.
DeleteHi Janice - I saw clouds yesterday and noted them ... we have more today - there might be a little rain, but no more for a while yet. We'll be grumpy soon when the rain comes! Cheers Hilary
ReplyDeleteWe will. What would we do without the weather as a topic of conversation?
DeleteFingers crossed that rain actually makes an appearance for your area.
ReplyDeleteThank you. ☂️🌦️
DeleteOur weather seems to be extremes at the moment. Either non-stop rain and cold or boiling heatwaves. Something in the middle would be just fine, if I could put in an order. I used to love the sunshine and heat, but not now as I age.
ReplyDeleteA more temperate climate would be acceptable, as it used to be. I've never liked the heat much.
DeleteI like the cumulus cloud. We learnt all about clouds and their names at school. I was fascinated and Knew them all. Now all I can remember are the cumulus and cumulus nimbus
ReplyDeleteI have to look them up to remember the names. Well, I remember the names as words, but not what (most of) the clouds look like.
ReplyDeleteI have seen one or two clouds over the last day or so, white and whispy. It would be good to see some rain now.
ReplyDeleteIt would, indeed.
ReplyDeleteWe are boiling and could use some rain just to cool off a bit!
ReplyDeleteThe trouble is that it then often makes it very humid - can't win, really.
DeleteThe Hibiscus is pretty. My daughter made some hibiscus tea a few years ago and it was good.
ReplyDeleteI don't think we'll get much from one flower! 🤣😂
DeleteWe certainly do. Though we're off on holiday tomorrow so if the rain could avoid Cornwall that would be great. Worried how our plants will survive.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your holiday. Your plants will survive if they're meant to.
DeleteMy rain dance is not working!
ReplyDeleteWe do need rain!
I like your three photographs.
All the best Jan
Perhaps it would work if we coordinated our rain dances?
DeleteI bet. Visiting the UK & Ireland this June, we were surprised by the warm sunny weather. We need rain in Canada too (wildfires in the east & BC). Sigh.
ReplyDeleteIt's shocking to see great tracts of land laid to waste by fire.
DeleteEveryone needs to think clouds and rain for northern Ontario. Unbelievable up there just now.
ReplyDeleteIt's terrifying for residents.
DeleteLizard tail? looks like a good name for it
ReplyDeleteIt disappears completely in the winter and springs up again in summer.
DeleteVery pretty and I do hope you get your rain :) Reading Mary G’s comment I am sending lots of good thoughts and vibes for our northern neighbors to get those rains.
ReplyDeleteWe have little to worry about. I feel so sorry for those whose lives and properties are threatened by wildfires.
DeleteBeautiful photos! I don't have a hibiscus like that even though I have many varieties. Is that considered a hardy hibiscus or a tropical one? Obviously, I can only do the hardy variety. The lizard tail is sweet. Hope you get some rain. Here, it is wicked hot but even worse is the smoke from our northern neighbors. It has seeped into every surface possible even with windows and doors shut tight...believe it or not, even medical facilities. :-( Wishing rain for you.
ReplyDeleteI think it must be a hardy hibiscus. We don't have to protect it from frost.
DeleteThe smoke sounds dreadful and obviously far worse the closer one is to it. Wildfires are doing so much damage in so many areas.
I like the Cumulus clouds and like watching them shred apart and reform in different shapes when the high-up winds are blowing. My sister learned the names of all the clouds and other weather patterns too. Isobars and barometric pressure etc, she can read a weather chart like I can read a book.
ReplyDeleteA meteorologist by inclination, clearly.
DeleteThose cumulus look promising, fingers crossed for showers soon.
ReplyDeleteThe flowers are beautiful.
The clouds just drift away, taking any moisture with them . . .
ReplyDelete