Friday, 9 May 2014

Settling, like dust . . .

Settling, like dust . . .

Susannah has had a trying several months/years but finally has found the strength and courage to make the break, long overdue, with her manipulative and disturbed partner. She has sold her London flat and is buying a house near us so that her small son can grow up in a calm and peaceful atmosphere.

Our house has been overhauled and tidied to accommodate Susannah, Frankie and their cat until they can move into their new home, some time in September. I have had little time or inclination to blog but life is settling down again and increasingly I am able to pursue hobbies and other interests.


Naturally, the cats and Gus have their own versions of recent events and their blogs will follow this one.

7 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back in the blogosphere again....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mary - it feels good to be back:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of turmoil for all concerned. I'm glad things are settling down. The baby is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did miss your posts, Janice n just assumed life got in the way. Sounds like a lot has been happening at your end.It certainly must have been hard but I'm glad Susannah could walk away.i believe life is too precious to be spent suffering n compromising. I am sure things will turn out just right. Frankie is such a blessing...so adorable. ♡♥♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Geeta - onwards and upwards now I hope:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice .. times like those, especially if she's your daughter and grandson, are so painful - but it does sound as though she's the right decision .. enjoy having them both around .. I look forward to seeing what the menagerie say!

    Good luck and a happy release settlement time .. I've been thinking of you all - Hilary

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate that some people like to give awards but for me your comments are reward enough.

Thank you for visiting. I love to read your comments and really appreciate you taking the time to respond to posts.

I will always try to repay your visit whenever possible.

This is us - or some of us!

This blog contains random thoughts and ramblings of a mostly inconsequential nature with occasional rants on subjects various.



Please be aware that all photographs on this blog are the property of jabblog unless otherwise stated. In the unlikely event that you would like to use any of these photographs please be polite and contact me for permission. Thank you.



I enjoy your company and appreciate your comments but would prefer not to accept blog awards.

About Me

My Photo
Berkshire, United Kingdom
Wife, mother, grandmother, Always curious, good listener, interested in people. I'm on Twitter @jabblog